We believe that building positive relationships with the child is central to successful assessment and transition planning.
Being responsible for a home cluster and working directly with our care team's our Assessment and Intervention Practitioner provides support and understanding of our MDT strategy and effect deployment and integration of our internal therapeutic assessment tool.
You will use your talent and experience to become a key member of the Team who aim to provide outstanding care and education to the children we look after.
Reporting to our Assessment Manager/Head of Clinical, you will work with our care teams, coordinating facilitating our Assessment Tool.
Compile and update Individual therapeutic plans for each child in placement, working collaboratively with the care teams to implement the therapeutic plans and interventions.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and direct working with the Head of Clinical to deliver robust assessment plans and outcomes.
Oversee the safeguarding and events reports and responding proactively to ensure transparency and support for the children in our care.
Inspire the home and department teams, in relation to our therapeutic approach, gaining commitment to the MDT narrative and motivating them to consistently deliver a standard of excellence and superior results.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience in a social services or a residential setting working with looked after children.
- Hold a Social Work degree or comparable degree in a psychology based or health and social care related qualification.
- Previous experience of placement assessments would be beneficial
- Have excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Can handle several sources of data and interpret insights to establish the needs of each of our children in placement.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland as we follow safer recruitment processes. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Assessment and Intervention Practitioner - Children's Services
£26,000 - £30,000
Drivers Required - Full UK Manual License Required
Join us and you can expect:
- A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
- Above and beyond recognition scheme
- Auto enrolled pension scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD and recognised qualifications
- Employee medical benefit scheme
- Access to employee engagement events
- Team/peer support programmes and fully supportive management infrastructure
- Ongoing continuous professional development opportunities
About the Company
AWW is one of the UK’s leading specialist providers of residential care for children who have suffered trauma and adversity.
We provide compassionate, nurturing care for children who are in crisis and have complex needs, supporting them to move from a difficult past to a brighter future.
Our homes are located in the peaceful and inspirational countryside of Cumbria, Northumbria, the Yorkshire Dales National Park and southern Scotland. Here, children experience safety and stability, as well as our renowned spirit of adventure and challenge: the ‘Wilderness Way’. With our support, children are able to thrive.