Are you an experienced Children’s Nurse who is considering a new challenge?
A Wilderness Way provides a unique approach to residential care, health, and education for children who have experienced adverse childhood trauma. We form a specialist therapeutic team around our children to ensure that they can learn, grow, and flourish.
We have an opportunity to join our clinical team of experts based at our head office, just outside Penrith. Ideally, you will be a registered children’s nurse who has experience of working with children who have emotional or behavioural difficulties.
Your role and responsibilities as Children’s Nurse,
- Responsible for the health and wellbeing assessments of the children that we look after, enabling them to have the best possible health outcomes
- Attend regular visits to our registered services to meet with our children and provide holistic health assessments and interventions
- Work in partnership with all agencies associated with the child to ensure we adhere to the guidance and local policy for Children in Care
- Work closely with our team of Registered Managers, supporting them to develop and review health plans for individual children
- Ensure all health plans are accurate and up to date in relation to current legislation and regulations
- Prepare detailed health reports for children’s reviews and assessment meetings
- Provide our care teams with relevant information and training in accordance with organisational and national guidance.
What we offer you,
- Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, depending upon experience and qualifications
- Hours of Work: You will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm,
- Annual Leave: You will receive 33 days per annum, our holiday year runs from March to February.
- Additional leave: at 2 years and 5 years’ service
- Training Academy: An in-depth induction and welcome program
- Bonuses: You will be rewarded £1000 every time you successfully refer a friend
- Pension: Auto enrolment into our Company pension
- Recognition Awards: Our monthly Wilderness Heroes Awards celebrate you and your team’s success
- Your Wellbeing: Excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash, including an employee assistance programme; a cash back healthcare plan that offers discounts on optical, dental, and a range of complimentary therapies; 24/7 access to a virtual GP, and other lifestyle apps to support your wellbeing; discounted gym memberships.
- Life Assurance: of 2 times annual salary
- Discounts: A range of discount schemes with access to savings on high street brands, restaurants, cinemas, and other leisure outlets, including local businesses following feedback from our employees
Why choose a career with Wilderness?
- Wilderness is one of the UK’s leading specialist providers of residential care for children who have suffered trauma and adversity
- We are unique in the way that we form our therapeutic ‘team around the child’
- We provide compassionate, therapeutic care, health and education for children who have complex needs, supporting them to move from a difficult past to a brighter future
- We foster an environment of continuous development for all employees
- We value respect and adaptability, we have fun, and we enjoy working collaboratively across all departments.
- Celebrating the smallest of achievements at Wilderness, helps us accomplish bigger outcomes for our people and communities.
Key qualities that we look for,
- Full Registration as a Children’s Nurse
- Experience of working with children in care
- A working knowledge of neurodevelopmental conditions
- Excellent knowledge of relevant policies regarding quality of practice and the journey for looked after children.
- The ability to deliver effective training
- The ability to understand individual needs of each child
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with parents, carers, teachers, and other professionals.
- A flexible and creative approach to delivering targets and objectives.
- Proficient skills in IT and record keeping
- A full, valid, UK driving licence and access to your own transport
Are you ready to join the Wilderness family?
If you would like to apply for this role, please click ‘Appy Now’ and register your details with us. We will be in touch to ask you to complete our application form. Thank you for taking the time to provide the information required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and have a commitment to safeguarding children. We follow Safer Recruitment practices. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary background checks, governed by regulation, including obtaining an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring service (DBS), Access NI, or Disclosure Scotland.