People are at the heart and centre of everything we do at A Wilderness Way, therefore we need to offer as much support, training and development as possible. All our staff need to be qualified to the highest level to ensure safety not only for themselves but also for our Children. Working predominantly with our frontline staff, this role is to support the completion of their Level 3 Children's and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma for Residential Care.
Working with the Training and Development Manager you will be responsible for building the Diploma Centre, inputting the infrastructure of the award criteria and building the A Wilderness Way Academy.
- Assess learners’ portfolios to ensure they are on track and to standard for their Level 3 Diploma
- You will be responsible for a caseload of learners, visiting them in their workplace to carry out observations for learners while they are on shift, completing relevant documentation.
- Mark learner’s work including assignments and workshops.
- Work with the Training and Development Manager to build and improve the award.
- Managing own diary and face to face visits and dealing with remote learners.
- Remote and some face-to-face meetings with learners to conduct review meetings and give portfolio advise.
- To ensure learners files are fully compliant with requirements.
- To fully engage with learners during the whole of the learning journey.
- To conduct sign up meetings.
- Deliver training and support, advise and motivate learners
- Delivery via a blended learning approach to gather learner evidence towards their diploma
- Assisting with the development of reporting and quality assurance of the award.
- Develop and maintain quality standards to ensure satisfaction from all internal customers.
- Follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- Comply with all data protection regulations.
- Meet assessor KPIs in terms of timely assessment/visits, Quality paperwork and general administration
- Knowledge of skill requirements for potential; assessors and internal verifiers
The Ideal Candidate
Will have experience within a similar role providing assessments to a Level 3 diploma or NVQ equivalent and be familiar with the course content of the Diploma Level 3, Children residential childcare (RQF)
You will hold relevant assessing qualification (D32/33, A1 Assessor TAQA or CAVA award) and have achieved the Quality Assurance qualification or willing to work towards (D34, V1, TAQA (Level 4 of Quality assurance of assessment processes and practice. Candidates will also need a recognised Teaching Qualification e.g. PTLLS, Award in Education and Training
- Experience assessing candidates undertaking qualifications through an approved awarding body
- Experience as an internal verifier (internal quality assurance. Demonstrate a working knowledge of verification procedure and quality assurance systems
- Able to make evidence-based judgements and a sense of fairness
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and able to focus on the task in hand
- Team working and collaboration, Approachable, outgoing, and diplomatic
- Tenacity, willingness to take action when improper practices or activities are identified
You will also need to have a full UK driving license
£27,000 - £31,250
- Pension scheme
- Paid holiday
- Private Health Cover
- A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
- 'Above and beyond' recognition scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD and recognised qualifications
- Employee medical benefit scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Access to employee engagement events
- Ongoing continuous professional development opportunities
About the Company
AWW is one of the UK’s leading specialist providers of residential care for children who have suffered trauma and adversity.
We provide compassionate, nurturing care for children who are in crisis and have complex needs, supporting them to move from a difficult past to a brighter future.
Our homes are located in the peaceful and inspirational countryside of Cumbria, Northumbria, the Yorkshire Dales National Park and southern Scotland. Here, children experience safety and stability, as well as our renowned spirit of adventure and challenge: the ‘Wilderness Way’. With our support, children are able to thrive.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland, as we follow safer recruitment processes. We are an equal opportunities employer and have a commitment to safeguarding children. Please note that proof of identity will be required at interview stage.