Education Assessment Lead
£29000 - £33,900
Join us and you can expect:
- A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
- Above and beyond recognition scheme
- Auto enrolled pension scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD and recognised qualifications
- Employee medical benefit scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Access to employee engagement events
- Team/peer support programmes and fully supportive management infrastructure
- Ongoing continuous professional development opportunities
A role with A Wilderness Way offers the opportunity for you to truly make a difference to a child’s life. Our Education Leads provide a meaningful assessment of children’s educational ability, barriers to learning and preferred learning styles, whilst also acting as an opportunity for children to develop confidence in their abilities.
You'll manage the delivery of educational assessment and functional skills of 8 children aged 8-18, on an individual 1:1 basis. This will include developing individual plans for children alongside the Education Manager. You will work with the team around each child to ensure that the provision of educational assessment and differentiated educational programs are achieved for children in placement during their time with us. This would typically be 17 weeks for outreach services, through to longer term in our dual occupancy placement homes.
As well as delivering direct 1:1 session, the Education Lead will be responsible for planning educational content, visits and practical activities that are supported by the residential care team around each child, making best use of the skills and experiences of the residential support team, specifically those relating to outdoor activities.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is creative and passionate about working with children and able to inspire them to engage in their learning.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Able to work across all our service and support up to 6 sites.
- Has the ability to engage children into learning, in a thematic approach.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland as we follow safer recruitment processes. Proof of identity will also be required. We are an equal opportunities employer. If you have experience as a Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, RSW or similar please get in touch.
Just imagine the lives we can turn around together. A Wilderness Way – specialist care that creates a path to a better tomorrow.