HR Advisor – ER Specialist
Up to £35,000
We are currently looking for a HR Advisor with a strong ER background to join our People Team here at A Wilderness Way. They will provide hands on case management, working alongside line managers across the business to advise, coach and guide on a broad range of employee relations topics.
This pivotal role will report to our HR Business Partner and support a culture of our colleagues being treated openly and fairly whilst upholding employment legislation and our internal policies.
• Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, flexible hybrid working.
• Annual Leave: You will receive 33 days per annum; our holiday year runs from March to February.
• Additional leave: at 2 years and 5 years’ service.
• Training Academy: An in-depth induction and welcome programme.
• Bonuses: A bonus of £1000 every time you successfully refer a friend.
• Pension: Auto enrolment into our Company pension.
• Recognition Awards: Our monthly Wilderness Heroes Awards celebrate you and your team’s success.
• Your Wellbeing: Excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash, including an employee assistance programme; a cash back healthcare plan that offers discounts on optical, dental, and a range of complimentary therapies; 24/7 access to a virtual GP, and other lifestyle apps to support your wellbeing; discounted gym memberships.
• Life Assurance: of 2 times annual salary.
• Discounts: A range of discount schemes with access to savings on high street brands, restaurants, cinemas, and other leisure outlets, including local businesses following feedback from our employees.
As our HR advisor your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Proactive case management of ER issues, such as investigation, disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working, absence, performance, capability and workplace concerns.
• Ensuring that ER investigations are conducted thoroughly and fairly whilst supporting and coaching line managers on appropriate behaviours and processes.
• Providing advice, guidance and coaching to line managers on ER issues, and policies and procedures to grow their knowledge, confidence and ownership of people issues.
• Taking ownership of tracking ER activity against metrics, supporting and advising on trends and themes and putting forward recommendations to proactively address underlying issues.
• Upskilling managers with relevant training, to develop our pool of managers who can support ER cases at investigation, disciplinary and appeal stages.
• Providing support on any organisation change initiatives including organisational re-design, changes to terms and conditions of employment, development, delivery and training on new policies and procedures.
Key qualities that we look for:
• Extensive and up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application
• Experience working in a fast-paced HR Team and ideally specialising in Employee Relations (3 years)
• Ability to identify the salient points, problem solve and provide a range of potential people centric solutions.
• Strong organisational skills, structured and able to manage multiple cases at any one time.
• Effective conflict management skills and the ability to prioritise cases and liaise with colleagues as necessary.
• Ideally CIPD Level 5 qualified or working towards this.
• Good IT skills and usage (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, ER analytical data)
• Awareness of Employment Tribunals or ACAS conciliation processes desirable
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland as we follow safer recruitment processes. Proof of identity will also be required. We are an equal opportunities employer. If you have experience as a Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, RSW or similar please get in touch.