Registered Service Manager
Up to £55,000
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Service Manager to lead in a pioneering role under the new Multi-Building Registration Ofsted Policy Guidance. This rare opportunity will truly help to forge a new path in the children's residential sector and we are the first Private Provider in England to be registered under this new MBR operating model.
As a Registered Service Manager, working with A Wilderness Way offers you the opportunity to truly make a difference to children’s lives. Our offer, which has evolved over time, is now high intensity assessment-based care, with the desired outcome of successful transition into permanency. Our focus for care and education is on stability and safety, health and wellbeing, relationships and preparing for independence and living in the wider world.
Join us and you can expect:
- Annual Leave: You will receive 33 days per annum; our holiday year runs from March to February.
- Additional leave: at 2 years and 5 years’ service.
- Training Academy: An in-depth induction and welcome programme.
- Bonuses: A bonus of £1000 every time you successfully refer a friend.
- Pension: Auto enrolment into our Company pension.
- Recognition Awards: Our monthly Wilderness Heroes Awards celebrate you and your team’s success.
- Your Wellbeing: Excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash and Aviva including Private Medical Insurance, an employee assistance programme; a cash back healthcare plan that offers discounts on optical, dental, and a range of complimentary therapies; 24/7 access to a virtual GP, and other lifestyle apps to support your wellbeing and discounted gym memberships.
- Life Assurance: of 2 times annual salary.
- Discounts: A range of discount schemes with access to savings on high street brands, restaurants, cinemas, and other leisure outlets, including local businesses following feedback from our employees.
Your Role and Responsibilities as a Registered Service Manager:
- Reporting to our Operations Manager and with the support of an Assistant Manager, you will effectively and efficiently manage a Multi-Building Registration.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and operation of your service, supporting children who are predominantly with us for a period of around 4 months.
- Through your positive outlook and ability to see beyond behaviours work towards the progression and development of the children we look after
- Set the operational direction and organise the effective running of the service to meet its statement of purpose.
- Mentor and support our residential support workers to be the best they can be
- Work in partnership with external agencies
Key Qualities we look for:
- At least 12 months managing a Residential Children’s Home
- Extensive experience managing a team of support workers
- In–depth knowledge of the SCCIF and Children’s Home Regulations and Quality standards
- Ideally you will achieved your Level 5 Leadership and Management Diploma
- Are creative and passionate about working with children
- Can collaborate with and support the team to create an exceptional service
- A full, valid, UK driving licence and access to your own transport.
Why choose a career with Wilderness?
- Wilderness is one of the UK’s leading specialist providers of residential care for children who have suffered trauma and adversity.
- We encourage an environment of continuous development by ensuring that you are supported to achieve industry recognised qualifications.
- We value respect and adaptability, we have fun, and we enjoy working collaboratively, meaning that together we make a real difference to the lives of the children we look after.
- We celebrate the smallest of achievements at Wilderness, helps us accomplish bigger outcomes for our people and communities.
Are you ready to join the Wilderness team?
- If you would like to apply for this role, please click ‘Apply Now’ and register your details with us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then be in touch to ask you to complete our application form.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and have a commitment to safeguarding children. We follow Safer Recruitment practices. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary background checks, governed by regulation, including obtaining an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring service (DBS), Access NI, or Disclosure Scotland.