Residential Support Worker – Children’s Residential
£28,974 to £31,276 (this includes sleep in allowance)
Imagine if you could change just one person’s life. If you have experience or are looking for a new challenge, being a Residential Support Worker at A Wilderness way means just that. You are making a huge difference by helping to transform our children’s lives.
- Shift Pattern: You will work condensed shifts of two days on, and 4 days off with one additional day per month, on average.
- Holiday: 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Additional leave: at 2 years and 5 years’ service
- Training Academy: An in-depth induction, six-month welcome program, and fully funded enrolment on our Highfield Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
- Bonuses: You will be rewarded £1000 every time you successfully refer a friend
- Pension: Auto enrolment into our Company pension
- Recognition Awards: Our monthly Wilderness Heroes Awards celebrate your success
- Your Wellbeing: Excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash, including an employee assistance programme; a cash back healthcare plan that offers discounts on optical, dental, and a range of complimentary therapies; 24/7 access to a virtual GP, and other lifestyle apps to support your wellbeing; discounted gym memberships
- Life Assurance: of 2 times annual salary
- Discounts: A range of discount schemes with access to savings on high street brands, restaurants, cinemas, and other leisure outlets, including local businesses following feedback from our employees
As well as providing emotional support, you will bring them routine, get involved in cooking, sports, writing, music, relaxing in the home or even getting a manicure. You are not alone and will work directly within a small team of 6, as well as having full support from your Managers, our Multi-Disciplinary, Education and dedicated Outdoor teams to help you path out what good looks like to the child.
Key qualities that we look for:
We are looking for candidates who have some level of experience working directly with children (albeit not necessarily in a residential setting) or in some form of care capacity. It is important to us that you are enthusiastic and energetic and align behaviourally with our Core Values.
This role offers a great work life balance with our condensed working rota and sleep ins that sees you doing just 10-11 days a month. You’ll need to be happy to work towards a Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children and Young People’s Workforce (or already have one). Above all, we really want like minded resilient people who truly want to make a difference.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland as we follow safer recruitment processes. Proof of identity will also be required. We are an equal opportunities employer. If you have experience as a Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, RSW or similar please get in touch.